Wednesday, October 24, 2012

someone else's sunshine



Under an eternally dismal sky, I am pulled from my timeless purgatory of solitude by a crack in the opaque shield of endless grey clouds…
A speck of translucency quickly growing into a brilliant window of hope…
Could this finally be the sunshine for which I have waited so long?
My soul soars with future-tense visions of a happier me, blissfully embraced by the warm and beautiful rays of my sunshine…
As the blanket of gloom finally tears and the rays burst through, my heart takes a light speed plunge back to reality…
The sun is shining, but not on me…
My eyes follow the heavenly beams downward…
Away in the distance I see a well-dressed man glowing in the light of my sunshine…
I want to despise this man…
I want to believe that he is malicious and undeserving of this ethereal beauty that was meant for me…
But it is not the truth…
He is a better man than I…
I know that the sunshine will be more content illuminating his life…
I know that I cannot hate him for taking something from me that was never really mine…
I hope I can enjoy the foolish dreams of my bright future…
I hope he enjoys his sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment